Are there any people, in our community, who have a desire to serve and will:
1. Serve all the people, regardless who they are, their relatives or other conections?
2. Follow the current codes and laws, realizing that working within the letter and the spirit of the law, has merits.
3. Give citizens an opportunity to speak and provide the information, so every citizen will know what is really going on?
4. Be fiscal and responsible, realizing the pockets of citizens are not as deep as even they would like?
5. Plan for the future, realizing that planning is for the future and what might happen, not current gratification?
6. Make decisions based on realistic information, supported by proper studies?
7. Avoid the appearance of evil, realizing that if it smells bad or looks bad, then it is bad?
8. Protect our open space?
9. Limit growth to a realistic level?
10. Fully understand, that money from developers, is not the panacea it is made out to be?
11. Be honest and above board when doing the public's business?
12. Work well with others. Understanding, that decisions and deals will affect everyone in the Valley, not just a selected few?
13. Understand the concept, "Just because you can, does not mean you should"?
14. Answer questions truthfully and with the facts, not emotion and disorganized thoughts?
15. Support transparency in government?
16. Speak the truth on all matters and support that concept, regardless of the consequences?
17. Make decisions as an elected official and not be a rubber stamp for others?
18. Keep the size of government reasonable and proper? And understand the concept, just because there is an empty office in the building, it does mean it needs to have an occupant?
19. Issue reports periodically for all to see, that are clear and conscise?
20. Not become entangled with worry, more about reelection, than decision making?
If you can follow these tenets and others as well, WHERE ARE YOU? WE NEED YOU. THERE IS AN ELECTION IN NOVEMBER AND AS CITIZENS, WE NEED YOU AND NEED YOU BAD. PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN. YOUR CITY AND YOUR NEIGHBORS NEED TO MAKE CHANGES, IF WE ARE GOING TO SURVIVE THE SICKNESS THAT IS ON US NOW.